I have heard of so many people saying, "I can't do this cause I'm pregnant!". So, you can grow a human but you can't wash a freaking dish every once in a while? You can retain water for 9 months and you can't manage to fold a few clothes? Don't even have to put them away! It's a horrible thing to be handicapped by choice, but many people choose it. There are of course people that truly are NOT allowed to get up. They're the ones on bedrest and being monitored all the time by their doctor. They're allowed to skip out on the dishes and folding clothes.
But how about the first time moms that find out they're pregnant and suddenly they are rendered helpless? Pathetic. That's what I say. I've carried 2 children to term and given birth to them. Does life stop when you're pregnant? No. I'm the mother of an 11 month old and I'm currently pregnant with our surprise little boy. I'm 7 months pregnant. Do I still vacuum? Of course! Do I still do the dishes? Yes. Do I still do the laundry? Yes. In fact, it's relaxing. I get to sit down and fold when I'm not re-organizing or running after my daughter.
For those moms that are rendered helpless, I hope to God they are only thinking of having one child. I would HATE to think of the state of their home were they to be handicapped with a pregnancy as well as care for their other child.
It angers me when people offer to carry a 5 lb bag of sugar for me because I "shouldn't be straining like that with a baby on the way". Um, my daughter's almost 20 lbs and I carry her all over the house; I think I can handle a whopping 5 lbs bag of sugar. I promise.
I haven't had the easiest pregnancies. I have had high blood pressure (caused by 2 very unnervingly irritating individuals!). Through the throbbing headaches, signs of pre-term labor and terrible contractions; I managed to clean!
I just find it so irritating when someone uses pregnancy as a crutch. "Aw! I can't cause I'm pregnant!" Hearing that is so irritating unless they're standing by a huge roller coaster or their doctor has told them so. I doubt ANY doctor would say, "You can't fold clothes. That's too much work for your body,".
What's even more irritating than the people USING this excuse, are the people that ENABLE it. The people that are, "Aw! Don't lift up the remote! It's far too heavy! Let me get that for you!". Oh so irritating! She's PREGNANT! Her limbs still work! I'M SERIOUS! Even ask her doctor!!!!
There has been a point in ALL my pregnancies where a doctor literally looked me in the eye and said, "Bedrest! At least MODIFIED bedrest!". I listened to them. For the most part. It's one thing to put your child at risk, it's another to let your house be taken over by roaches to grow into The Orkin Man's biggest nightmare. I just don't understand...Could you sit back and watch your house literally fall into shambles before your eyes because you're THAT lazy?
This is by NO MEANS towards one person...It's to several. I've seen them with my own eyes. I've heard about it from other people as well! I've had it with all this nonsense!
I'm sure there are several people that will say, "Well why does it bother you? You're not them!". Oh yes, very true. But just because I'm not them doesn't mean that their lack of action and their pointless reasoning doesn't have any effect on other people. Maybe I know someone that is doing their best to help out a pregnant woman and she's tired of being the maid around the house? Did that ever cross anyone's mind? Maybe I know a husband that is trying to be understanding but coming home from a hard day's work only to continue work through picking up the house while his wife is sitting on the couch whittling down a popsicle stick while watching "Divorce Court"...
*sigh* This is the end of my rant. I just needed to get this off of my chest! :)
OFF TO TACKLE MY CHORES NOW!!
No comments:
Post a Comment