Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Life is precious...

Yesterday I woke up and checked my facebook. I was all settled with a cup of tea and some toast with Nutella on it. The sun was already shining so I figured it was going to be a gorgeous day today. I was feeling confident.

"RIP Brad Stitt" was on my screen. Please tell me this is some sick joke...I know it's absurd to keep the belief that kids will never die before their parents. You'd think an angel mother like me would know better than to think that. Brad Stitt...Good guy. Really good guy. Always made people laugh whether he was trying to or not. He just had the most easy-going and optimistic attitude I had ever come across. I remember joking around with him one day. I said something sarcastically and he stared at me, "REALLY? Are you serious??" was all he could say. I smiled and said, "Brad! I'm totally just kidding!" He relaxed a bit and then cocked his head to the side, "Wait...What?" :) all I could do was laugh. Brad was just an over-all awesome guy. That's all I can really say. I never knew anyone to say anything negative about him. He was THAT sort of guy, you know? Just an amazing personality.

So after talking to several friends and reminiscing a bit about Brad, I still couldn't shake the thoughts going through my head trying to put myself in Brad's parents' shoes. Brad wasn't only a friend and classmate. He was also a son. My heart just sank. His parents were setting up his funeral, his memorial, obituaries...It's not supposed to be that way. It should be the other way around. Parents aren't supposed to bury their children. That's not the natural cycle. All yesterday I was just thinking about how his parents feel and how they're coping. I hope they don't blame themselves for anything. I pray to God that everything was fine between Brad and his parents before he passed away. I couldn't imagine the pain and grief if they left things on a sad note. It had been awhile since I prayed that much for people.

Today on my facebook was an invite to join a group called, "In Memory of Brad Stitt"...It still hasn't hit me. It just doesn't seem right to have a group like that for someone that was so young. I remember him being so full of life! It's not right...But at the same time untimely deaths do happen. I can't pretend to be ignorant to that fact. Rest in peace, Brad Stitt. You are terribly missed and you have contributed to the world more than you could ever imagine.

Ever since Connor passed away, I had made sure to leave everyone on a good note should life permit it. Each day I wonder if there is anyone that I need to tell anything to. If I do, I tell them without hesitation. You never know what is in store whether you will be the one passing soon or they will. Before I pass away, I should hate for myself or anyone else to feel any form of regret for not telling me anything. I want to pass away with everything in place and everyone knowing how much they mean to me.

Life is so very precious. I wish more people realized that. Then maybe there would be less drama.

No comments:

Post a Comment